Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Wishes

Hello from a silent radio announcer! It's been a few days, hasn't it? It is still tough to not be working, but I am seeking out interesting things that perhaps can be commented on here. I went to a cabaret performance at mac on Saturday, which was a bit peculiar, but was a good laugh. Some excellent acts. Sunday we had smashing dinner at Jyoti's. Excellent and pretty authentic Indian food. And today? More job hunting!

After nine months of conscious thoughts of "can't buy that, it won't fit in my case" or "can't buy that, don't need it", it is increasingly challenging to not be overcome with a capitalist desire of THINGS. Particularly now as I'm not living out of a suitcase! Biggest thing on the wishlist today? The "indiespensable" release from Powells bookshop. A new book in a special binding every six weeks, which comes with goodies. At $52 every six weeks, it is not one for the moment. (But I did succumb to buying a London 2012 tshirt today...)

In other news, my fingers have gained a tinge of green. I have kept my Gran's plant cutting alive, and it seems to be thriving, flowering for the first time today, and even done some garden weeding. (For about five minutes.) And I was a recipient of some lovely Lilies and Roses on Sunday. Lovely!
It's ALIVE... still

Lovely gift
Links
mac (Midlands Arts Centre)
Jyoti's Indian Vegetarian Restaurant
Powell's Independent Bookshop

No comments:

Post a Comment