Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Brave New World

Ok, it isn't quite as grim as in Aldous Huxley's novel, though my trip to the job centre today came close. Apparently I am now a gentleman - or always was, according to my paperwork. Very peculiar short interview. But hey, we have to jump through hoops for help now and again.

As a new blogger, I'm very much still learning about blogging more frequently, and with a community in mind.  The audience of the old blog was friends, family, and whoever had added me on facebook that could be bothered to look! With UK Appreciation though, I've linked it to my twitter (sort of), and have been a bit better at advertising new posts on my facebook page. Family and friends are now aware that I will be taking note of events, curious things, and brandishing a camera "for the blog" - said with a glint of mania in my eye. (Think Toad of Toad Hall... although there are no current plans for grand theft auto.) Now I've started, I'm really very enthusiastic! It's great to encourage others in their new blogging endeavours as well.

One acquaintance has a very useful blog and website that you might be interested in: Libro Editing. Liz is self-employed, and provides the following services: proofreading, copyediting, copy writing, typing, localisation and transcription. Phew! Her website is a great resource for those who are not sure if they are 'wondering' or 'wandering', or are interested in how a self-employed person stays employed! Just explore the tabs at the top of the page - very well laid out.

Despite the rain today, I had a lovely time catching up with a friend - happy birthday! Hope to see more of her very soon. And I can because I'm nearby! Still enjoying being home. More job hunting over the next few days - any recommendations welcome!

Links
Libro Editing
Old blog
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment