Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

An Introduction

Hello folks.
Back in the UK following 9 months abroad (see my other blog for the details), and still seeking work, I'm flexing my creative writing muscles by appreciating the UK in prose. We brought sunshine back with us when we arrived on 6 May, but our weather fortune appears to have evaporated. The Midlands are currently pretty soggy. So soggy I bought wellies yesterday. Good old green dunlops, but I plan to decorate them. Sparkles have been mentioned. They also require some form of additional support in the footbed. Anyway.
I intend to celebrate the UK. It seems apt, what with the Queen's jubilee happening a week or two ago, and with the Olympics just around the corner. And the England football squad won a match on Friday during Euro 2012. Better than expected! I like the UK, I'm glad to be home, and I'd like to share that enthusiasm, as I experience it.
Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment