Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

A few little things, observed

Well, as other half was not working this week, we had a day out in Stratford Upon Avon. Drive to a secret freebie parking spot, (there was no way I was going to make it to Stratford on two wheels) then a short cycle into the town centre, where we met up with Narrowboat Progress, and saw it safely through a few locks before it moored. Progress is the current HQ for TrAction Training, who received lots of interest in their 'Have a Go' kits while we were there. Fantastically sunny day made for some great pictures.

In other news, there was a fox in the garden, and a mallard on the roof of a nearby house. Slightly peculiar. At dinner with some newly arrived Australian friends earlier in the week, the only BYO was a chair! I also began a knitting project which you can see by clicking here. I think I've done it a bit wrong though, so will have to call on knitting guru to help me out! No tangles, no knots, but not right either! I use the Ravelry website to find patterns, and having been given some very attractive green wool, I picked this 'travelling woman' shawl pattern. Not quite up to the standard it requires, but I can see now how it grows, I look forward to getting it right!

For ease, the links from today:
Traction Training - First Aid, Professional Training and Leisure Learning.
Travelling Woman shawl pattern
Ravelry - If you knit, you need this website!

Narrowboat Progress descending in the lock

Rag rugging efforts on display

Giant dragonfly on the roof

The reason I'm glad we didn't cycle all the way

Going under the bridge

Someone forgot to trim the hedge

NB Progress - view of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre

Mobile me!

Rear view of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre


No comments:

Post a Comment