Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

I suppose it had to happen

I have been felled from great levels of activity by the axe of illness. Summer cold passed on by nearest and dearest. Pah! Busy busy last week having finally got some temporary work. However, it was awful, so I'm glad it finished! 350 phonecalls to answer in a day is not fun, for a variety of reasons. Another interview this week - I'm not quite sure of the tally, as I'd rather not think about it! I am drafting a blog about all the many and varied tasks I've had to complete as part of the interview process, but rather than tempt fate in some roundabout way, I'll leave that until I'm fully settled into something permanent.
This week holds further excitement with the late offer of a ticket to the Paralympic games tomorrow! I'll be watching the afternoon session of wheelchair rugby a.k.a. "Murderball"! Team GB are on first, so I'll be nice and hoarse of voice in time for the interview later in the week. A large part of the excitement of the day is that I've picked a fast train home, but paid not much extra to go first class. I'll want the guaranteed seat, snacks, and probable quiet by that time after a long day. (And if I get there early enough, the first class lounge!) I've done travel to London often enough in the last few months to know when to scrimp and when to splash! And a shorter journey is always nice.
Oh, and one more thing... Saturday was a pleasant trip down to Somerset for the BOS folk festival, where family performed brilliantly! Mudlarks choir - fab group. Felt really iffy by the end of the day, therefore only one picture. Still feel pretty iffy now, so I'll leave it there for now.
The famous wonky church tower in BOS Somerset.

My ticket!
Links
Mudlarks choir

No comments:

Post a Comment