Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Midland Monsoon continues

Crackers weather here, again. Chucking down buckets full of cats first thing. Rather put a dampener on plans to cycle along the nearby canal towpath. And then the sun came out, so we went! At points I did have to self-motivate with the mantra: 'just go straight, just go straight', as I pedalled through the muddy glop of the towpath in the shady areas. In the sunny patches it was ace riding - I flew along. Puddles were fun. But the muddy patches were not easy. My trainers are now very damp, after I had to literally scrub them clean. Wellies might have been a better option.

We exited the towpath at an ace little bakery in Earlswood called Wedges - helpfully signposted at canal bridge number 20! Two ginormous sandwiches (and a humungous muffin) later, we headed back to Shirley by road, dropping to say hello to our friend working at Red Kite Cycles on the way.

The plan later on is to go cheer on the Olympic torch as it heads into Cannon Hill park this evening. Hopefully there will be some crowdy, cheery pictures published here later! (Have just looked at the live feed - looks like fun!) Leaves me wishing I had a vuvuzela...

By the by, I had a good level of success at the shops yesterday: I will now be fully clothed for a full working week!

Links
Wedges Bakery
Red Kite Cycles
Olympic Torch Relay

No comments:

Post a Comment